Mason Moves Bristol Limited Terms and Conditions – House Clearance and Waste Disposal
Here at Mason Moves Bristol Limited we aim to offer a friendly and flexible approach. Please read through all of our terms & conditions, which are designed to ensure there is no confusion about what our services includes and excludes and to ensure safe collection and disposal of your waste. On placing a booking, you, the customer, agree to these Terms & Conditions with no exception. If there is anything which you do not understand or would like to discuss, please contact us and we will be happy to chat through the details with you.
Where we use the words ‘You’ or ‘Your’ it means the customer. ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Team” or ‘Our’ means Mason Moves Bristol Limited.
- Unless otherwise stated the quote is not a fixed price. In the event of a quote being given as an hourly rate, fees are charged from when we leave our site until we complete unloading. If it is outside of our coverage area within 20 miles of Bristol / Bath, we charge back to our site which is in Fishponds, Bristol. Day rates are up to 8 hours only (unless agreed with the team). For all services a maximum of 12 full driving hours are permitted in one day.
- Fees may be changed if:
- The service is not carried out or completed within three months
- Our costs change because of currency fluctuations, fuel prices or changes in taxation or disposal charges beyond our control
- We have to collect items or waste from floors higher than those agreed, in writing, at the time of booking
- Additional services, including moving or storing extra goods, and packing services are supplied by us (these conditions will also apply to these services)
- Any parking fees, fines (unless unreasonably incurred) or other charges that we have to pay in order to carry out services on your behalf
- Events outside our reasonable control cause delays
- We agree in writing to increase our limit of liability. In all the above circumstances, you will pay a charge adjusted accordingly
Changes to the amount/Number of items
- We estimate the time and charges based on information received, and extra charges may be incurred if the actual amount of items on the day exceeds the amount of items which were included in your quote. A small number of extra items / pieces of waste would not normally cause an issue, however if you have underestimated the amounts by more than this our team will quote you for the additional time required. If you have grossly underestimated or have been misleading about the amount, size or type of items / waste you have, we may not have time to move all of your belongings due to the time scale allocated at time of booking. Additional charges will apply for further services required to complete the job.
- Our vans are booked out for a minimum of 2 hours
- Our services to cities outside of Bristol / Bath will be charged for the mileage to travel to destination and back to our base in Bristol
- Our services carried out over long distance and Europe are priced per job by contacting Mason Moves Bristol Limited
- We reserve the right to charge a higher fee for work carried out on weekends, bank holidays and unsociable hours
- All bookings are accepted in good faith and confirmation of bookings will be issued.
- A deposit of 50% is required before any booking is confirmed. Dates can not be reserved unless a deposit is made and is on a first come first served basis.
- If you change the date of the booking after it is already confirmed, the deposit may be lost (see cancellation policy).
- We reserve the right to change or cancel any bookings.
- If you cancel within the final 7 days of the booking date you will be charged 50% of the fee. If you cancel within 48 hours of the date of the booking you will be charged the value of the booking in full.
- We reserve the right to cancel the service if there is inadequate access preventing free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive prevents our vehicles and/or containers to load and/or unload within 20 metres of the doorway / waste.
- Full payment must be paid on completion of the work. Payment for additional hours and/or services must also be met in full upon job completion. Any other kind of payment plan must be agreed on in advance.
- We regret that cheques are no longer acceptable, but welcome you to pay via bank transfer or cash.
- Should you request payment via invoice all invoices must be paid in full within 7 days of issue date unless an agreement is made in writing with you before work proceeds. We reserve the right to charge administrative fees for late invoice payments
Late Payment Fees
- Any invoice or payment outstanding will incur the following charges from invoice total;
a) More than 7 working days – 10% charge
b) More than 14 working days – 20% charge
c) More than 21 working days – 30% charge
- If no response from telephone or email, a £25 admin charge will incur per debt letter posted
- Any invoice or payment outstanding will incur the following charges from invoice total;
We are unable to accept the following items for disposal:
- Biological or medical waste
- Helium or oxygen gas bottles
- Oil, petrol or diesel
- Raw meat or fish
- Toxic substances, noxious chemicals, and solvents
- Items, which have potential to damage, explode or are dangerous including aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition
- Prohibited or stolen goods
- Controlled drugs
- Plants or goods which may be likely to encourage vermin, pests or cause infestation
- Goods, which require government permission or licence for export or importAny of the above-listed goods will not be removed by us. If such waste is removed without our knowledge and prior written consent we will not be liable and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us.
- You declare, upon booking the service, that:
- All goods / waste to be removed and / or stored are your own property or
- you have been given the authority to make this contract by the person(s) who own or have an interest in the goods and that they have been made aware of these conditions. You will meet any claims for damages and / or costs against us if these statements are not true.
Arrival / Delivery Times
- We will do our best to arrive at the times quoted, however arrival times are estimated. Delays are sometimes unavoidable (due to traffic incidents, weather, job overrun etc). We will contact you if our team are going to be early/late via the contact number you provided at the time of booking. We do not accept responsibility for any customer losses due to out of our control delays.
Jobs in Progress
- It is your responsibility to ensure either you or a third party are present during the service to guarantee the correct goods / waste is moved from the premises. We do not accept responsibility for any items mistakenly taken, left behind or moved to the wrong place due to the absence of the customer or customer representative
- Providing adequate parking is your responsibility, and if there are restrictions e.g. yellow lines, red routes, residents only parking, you must provide a permit from the local council. If this is not possible please be honest and say where the closest legal parking is available e.g. 50 yards, 100 yards etc. This may cost a little more but it is much better for you and our team if it is known in advance. If parking is allowed, try to reserve a space for the van outside the premises before the team arrives. If there is no parking pre -arranged any parking fines which are received will be your responsibility and must be paid by you on completion. Our team will not knowingly park illegally.
- When you give permission for us to drive onto your driveway, it is on the understanding that this is at your own risk. Failure to advise or notify us of any potential weaknesses will absolve us from any claims for compensation resulting from damage to the driveway.
Size of Items
- It’s your responsibility to make sure that all items will fit into the new premises. (e.g. wardrobe, bed, sofa etc.) We are not insured for removing any doors or making new entrances to the premises
Delays and Waiting Times
- If any delay is caused by you ( e.g. everything is not packed, waiting for keys, incorrect address, etc. ) we reserve the right to add an extra cost to the final bill to cover our costs. We will discuss this with you at the time the delay becomes apparent.
- Waiting time will be charged at our normal hourly rate.
- Waiting time includes; key collection, contract signing, your late arrival, items not ready to load, you aren’t present at either end or any time when loading/unloading is not taking place or any other delays.
- All goods in transit are insured for £10,000. Any claim which exceeds this amount is non-refundable
- We do not accept responsibility for damaged or lost property after job is complete and payment is completed
Health and Safety
- We take health and safety extremely seriously and do not carry out any work which will put anyone at risk (team members, customers or the public). You are obliged to inform us of any adverse or unusual risks, and that the following is adhered to:
- Routes are clear to and from rooms and parking areas
- Goods are packed securely, in sturdy boxes and weigh no more than 20kg per item
- Items are as close to the properly as possible
- Rooms and outside areas are well lit
- You must report any damages to your goods while our team is with you so that they can log a complaint and take photographs to establish the breakages. We will not accept responsibility for damages discovered after our team has left the drop destination.
Claims and disputes
- An independent arbitrator may be appointed in the case of unresolved disputes. Any costs incurred due to this process will depend on the discretion of the Arbitrator.
- Verbal or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated. If our team is forced to leave the job because of abuse (verbal or otherwise) you will still be liable to pay in full.